Rob,

To add to your post...

and if you require less than 6 PC servers, the price point where a blade
server seems to make sense, then you can still use the stand-alone System x
servers just like the IXA did.

Kind regards,

BJ

On 12/14/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

IXA - Separate external PC box, controlled by, and using disk, of host
iSeries.
IXS - Separate INternal card, controlled by, and using disk, of host
iSeries.  Uses 2 or 3 slots (depending on desired lan attachment)
iSCSI - Blade server.  Separate external box holding 1 or more "blades".
Each blade is an independent PC on a card.  1 or more of the blades may be
controlled by the iSeries and use it's disk.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/bladecenter/index.html
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/bladecenter/ixa/servermodels/
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/bladecenter/ixs/system_config.html

Group Dekko Services, LLC