From: Pete Helgren

You'll have to show me how I can step from debugging my RPG code into my
JSP running that code into my local Javascript or vise a versa.  Didn't
know that was possible.  I have to switch debuggers.  But, I use
MyEclipse for most of my web development so maybe I am doing myself a
disservice by not using WDSC for that area of development.

WDSC has an integrated debugging environment that will debug JavaScript,
Java, JSPs, and HLL languages such as RPG, all with the same basic debugger.
There are obviously differences, such as how variables are displayed and
some other goodies, but in general it works like a champ.  Most impressive
is that there is a single panel with all your breakpoints (regardless of
language) and you can enable/disable them all from one point.  VERY cool.

Debugging JavaScript takes a bit of work.  The easiest way is to stick an
"alert" call in your code to allow the debugger to sneak in and take over.
Once you've done that, you can debug your JavaScript pretty much like
anything else.

The only thing you can't do cleanly is step from Java "into" an RPG program
called by the Java Toolbox.  You CAN step from one ILE language to another
with no problems, and from one Java package to another, and from one
JavaScript file to another, but stepping between languages is not feasible.
Of course, stepping between the server and the client isn't logically
possible; you'd have to somehow chase the HTML transaction down the pipe and
then watch the browser.

You CAN do this to a certain degree using breakpoints, though.

Joe