   Al,

   When you need to drive a nail, do you make your own hammer, or do you go
   buy one? There are tools that allow you to do everything you have
   described.

   Does your boss still use a Windows 3.1 PC? With all due respect, not
   paying software maintenance fees can be penny wise and pound foolish,
   especially with regard to the IBM software. IBM gets real cranky if you
   don't keep current. I have one client in Indiana who let their V5R2
   agreement expire (maybe it's an Indiana thing). They are looking at a
   currency fee of $32,000 just to renew their contract so that they could
   pay to get a new contract for the operating system. Guess what? The
   Microsoft people got their hooks into that company, and they are going to
   the dark side and abandoning the best platform and application software
   for their business.
   Just like the commercial said, "You can pay me now or pay me later".

   My 2 cents
   --

   Paul Nelson
   Arbor Solutions, Inc.