I didn't know about the KeepAlive=Y, and think that might be a good and
easy idea, but there might be two other possibilities as well.
A couple of minutes seems awful short. There should be some VPN timeouts
that can be adjusted. I can't speak for them all, but know that some do.

Also, on the AS/400 there are two places to check that might work for ALL
sessions. I have had some luck with this once.
CHTTCPA TCPKEEPALV() - this default to 120 minutes. Note that it is in
minutes, not seconds.
and
CHGTELNA TIMMRKTIMO() - this defaults to *CALC, and I don't know how it
calculates it, but note that it is in seconds, not minutes.
====================================
Tom Kreimer
Information Alternatives

   Using Windows Explorer, drill down to the Private folder in the client
   access folder tree. Locate your session.WS file. Right click on it, and
   open it with notepad. In the TN5250 section, insert a KeepAlive=Y
   statement, then save and exit.

   That should solve that problem.

   In iSeries Access, I almost always add an IP address connection for
   printer sessions, or I will modify the hosts file in Windows. Printer
   sessions seem to work better if you provide an IP address or a name
from
   within the hosts file. I don't know why, that's just my experience. You
   should also put a keep alive statement in that .WS file.
   --

   Paul Nelson
   Arbor Solutions, Inc.