From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat Dec 02 17:00:32 2006
Subject: Re: CPF2110 (Library QSYS2924 not found)

Patricia,

What I was saying is that you can't restore s system library from one
release to another release.  That will be the MAKEAMESS command.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             Patricia Garrity
             <patricia_grrty@y
             ahoo.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             12/02/2006 05:13                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: CPF2110 (Library QSYS2924 not
                                       found)

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Jim,

You do NOT need this library on your system.  I really
do not know what Al is referring to when he states to
get this library from IBM or you will make a mess of
your system.

Al, perhaps you can elaborate on exactly what program
product or option you believe will add this library to
the system.

IBM has documented this issue in the software
knowledgebase under docid 370162562 available here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/b63ed152aa1d430e86256fb00071e154?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,CPF2110

It basically says:
The QZRCSRVS joblog commonly contains message CPF2110
for library QSYS29xx (where xx is the MRI language
being used). During National Language Version (NLV)
setup in the job, Host Server does not know if the NLV
is a primary or secondary language on the system. If
it is the primary language, QSYS is already part of
the library list. However, if it is a secondary
language, the appropriate QSYS29xx library must be
added.

The expense of one or more additional calls to
determine if the NLV is a primary or secondary
language was determined to be too high. Rather than
risk the expense and delay, the Host Server job
attempts to add QSYS29xx. If the NLV language being
added is a secondary language, the following message
is logged: CPC2196 - Library QSYS29xx added to library
list. If the language is the primary or the secondary
language is not installed on the IBM® System i™
products system, message CPF2110 is issued. This
message is strictly informational and causes no
additional problems in the job.

If you prefer not to see the message CPF2110, a
library named QSYS29xx can be created and must not
contain any objects. Instead, message CPC2196 is
issued.

Hope this helps.

Pat

--- "Norbut, Jim" <Jim.Norbut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I need this QSYS2924 library on my V5R4 system
for the future ?

My V5R2 system has no such library

Can I download or do I need to call them and open a
PMR

Sent from Jim Norbut's
BlackBerry Pearl