Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:31:08 -0500
From: Dwight <i5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Client Access question
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am doing contract work from my home equipment attached to
the
company's Model 520

I have a PC  XP Pro attached to the Internet through a
Netgear gateway
router.  Client access sessions
start fine, but if I switch to another one or leave it for
more than a
couple minutes, (going to another session
or to a word document) it disconnects me. Is there a setting
we can
change that will reduce the number of
drops.

I am also having trouble setting up my printer to work with
client
access. I have an HP1100dtn attached to the
network. The router is set up to use DNS.  When I configure
a Client
Access printer session, it tells me it is doing it
but comes up with CWBCO1004 saying it can not determine the
IP address
of the server. The message says to
check the DNS I should use ping. If I ping anything, it all
works
instantly.

Can anyone give me some direction to resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Dwight
NH
--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-