A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4777

        Title:      IBM's iSeries Telnet Enhancements
        Author:     T. Murphy Jr., P. Rieth,
                    J. Stevens
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    murphyte@xxxxxxxxxx,
                    rieth@xxxxxxxxxx,
                    jssteven@xxxxxxxxxx
        Pages:      47
        Characters: 104243
        Obsoletes:  RFC2877
        See-Also:

        I-D Tag:    draft-murphy-iser-telnet-04.txt

This document describes the interface to the Telnet server on IBM's
iSeries line of midrange business computers.  This interface allows
Telnet clients to request a Telnet terminal or printer session using
specific session attributes related to device names, encryption,
language support, auto-sign-on, response codes, session association, etc.

These support functions are implemented primarily using the Telnet
Environment option negotiation RFC 1572 to define new USERVAR
variables that will be recognized by iSeries Telnet server.  This memo
provides information for the Internet community.