Van: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens Vernon Hamberg
Verzonden: donderdag 30 november 2006 15:01
Aan: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Onderwerp: RE: Dave Odom was RE: Mark Allen, were you the
onethat'strying to put numeric datato i5 via ASP???

Hi Steve

When I said it shows *SQL, I meant that your statement was using SQL
naming - lib.file instead of lib/file. There is an attribute of the
connection that you can use to set which naming convention to use - I
forget what the default is. Your code does explicitly set the naming
convention.

As to the statement, here is what it is after resolving variables and all

INSERT INTO mylib.myfile (NumField) VALUES ('123456')

If NumField in myfile is numeric, then this will not work, because
you are putting a character string into a numeric field. Get rid of
both apostrophes. In particular, change

SQLINSERT=SQLINSERT &"'" &NumField &"')"

SQLINSERT=SQLINSERT &NumField &")"

HTH
Vern