Hello All,

we have a problem trying to update a file from the web using ASP, this is in
our ASP script

SQLINSERT="INSERT INTO mylib.myfile (NumField)"
SQLINSERT=SQLINSERT & " VALUES ("
SQLINSERT=SQLINSERT &"'" &NumField &"')"
set connupdate = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")
connupdate.open "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.x;", "ABC", "ABC"
connupdate.execute(SQLINSERT)
connupdate.close

The field Numfield is defined on the iSeries as 7,0 and we have tried both
packed and zoned.

The error we get is the following.
SQL0408: Value for column or variable NumField not compatible. Cause . . . . .
: The data type of the source value is not compatible with the data type of the
target column or variable NumField

If we make the field alphanumeric then it works perfectly but we would rather
not change half a dozen programs to make them handle an alhpa field instead of
the numeric.

Anybody any ideas?

TIA

Steve