Ok, here's the way i'm reading it from the IBM Windows Integration site:

Migrating an IXS server to new hardware is basically the same as recovering
an IXS server if the underlying IXS card is compatible as far as 'hot
spare' support is concerned.  If we are moving IXS installs from existing
2892-002s to new 2892-002s or 2892-001s, it should be very similar to
recovering an IXS install, correct?  I've tested the recovery many times
and it works like a charm.

Below is the info from the integration website...  from what I can see, the
2892-002s are still marketed, does anyone know anything to the contrary?
We will be migrating 2 520s late next year to new i5 520s and each of the
520s has several IXS cards.

 Integrated xSeries Server(IXS) hot spare: In order to use hot spare between
IXS servers, they
 should be compatible types and they should have a comparable configuration of
LAN adapters,
 etc. The Integrated xSeries server configurations table gives the specific IXS
hot spare
 configurations that are supported.

 2892-002

            2.0 GHz Xeon™ IXS, 4GB memory, USB, built in 10/100 Mbps Ethernet.
Optional
            10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, 1 Gbps Ethernet (optical) and 4/16/100
Mbps token-ring.

                              2892-002, 2892-001

                                        V5R4,

                                        V5R3,