Hi!

I try to use the QUSRJOBI API to know when a submmited job ends. I did a
RPGLE program that interfaces the API as an external program. Then I call my
RPG program like that:

1) I do my SBMJOB
2) I do a RCVMSG     MSGTYPE(*ANY) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGID(&MSGID) to know the
full qualified name of the job I want to verify.
3) I call my RPG program with the jobname, the job user and the job id I
retrieved previously from &MSGDTA

The first time I call my RPG program, everything works fine as the job is in
the JOBQ. But when the job begins (Status Code = *Running), it seems that
the OS gives a new Job ID to my submited job. My RPG program no longer see
my first job, so it returns the status code "Job Not Found".

I tried to reference the submited job with its internal job id. The first
time I call my RPG program, I call it with the full qualified job name and a
blank internal job id. The subsequent calls to my RPG uses the filled
internal job id, jobname = "*INT" and the rest of the full qualified name
equals to blanks... I believed that this internal id was unique and
invariant, even if the job id changes when the job is running...

I wonder what am I doing wrong... Any suggestion?

Charles