Greetings:

1. In Windows Explorer or My Computer, navigate to the "bottom level" of
the path. Delete all the folders at that level. If I understand you
correctly, that *doesn't* work because the delete process still looks at
the entire path. If it does work, back your way up the path deleting as
you go. You may have to navigate "down" the path multiple times. At some
point you will have eliminated enough of the path name to kill the whole
shebang.

2. If you are lucky and the path name is just a few characters over, try
renaming the top level folder to the single character "A". Doesn't matter
what character you use. Try the delete again. If successful, cheer.

3. If XP will allow it, rename each folder in the path with a single
character name. That is, starting at the "bottom" level, rename the folder
"A". Try the delete again. If successful, cheer. If not, move "up" a level
and repeat the process for all folders at the same level as "A".  At some
point you will have eliminated enough of the path name to kill the whole
shebang. Obviously this is an iterative, cumbersome, massively annoying
way to go about it, but I think it should work.

4. If XP won't allow you to even rename the folders for the same reason as
you can't delete them, then you are going to have to find someone more
Win-astute than I am.

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin  -  630-754-2187
Manager, Computer Operations
dmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary, and may only be used by the person to
whom this email is addressed. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or an authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If this e-mail has been delivered to you in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail
immediately.