From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Walden H. Leverich
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:25 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: MS Vista and iSeries Access support

If they don't come out with new versions and force you to upgrade they
don't make money.

OK I'm staying away from the backwards compatibility issue, not because I
think it's true, but because I don't have time for a religious war, but I
can't let the above comment go.

In exactly what way are you FORCED to upgrade? I'm not aware of anything in
Windows or Office that comes along and says, "We're sorry, it's January
2007, you must upgrade to Vista. Shutting down now..."

You upgrade because you want to, not because you _have_ to. I've not tried
it, but I'd bet good money I could load DOS 6.2 on my new Pentium Cure Duo
laptop, and kick up WordPerfect for DOS.

-Walden