From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 10:24 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: iSeries Security in Computerworld

Same as everyone else out there, look at the default for password on
CRTUSRPRF.  We get some who says "we gotta have a signon for ...".  Then
they never actually sign on and change their password.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/09/2006 10:05 AM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: iSeries Security in Computerworld

Rob, I don't count your shop as "typical" :).  For example, how in the
world
did you manage to create 111 enabled default password accounts?  Seems
like
you have a SERIOUS issue.

Joe

From: rob@xxxxxxxxx

Joe,

Do we count as a client, I seem to recall writing a check...
ANZDFTPWD
CPC2232 - 119 user profiles have default passwords of which 111 have
the
status of *ENABLED.
Total number of user profiles =796.  Seems to be greater than 1 out of

8.