CL Program parm size change

fixed

I have a command/cl utility where I need to change the size of the 1st parm
from *CHAR 7 to *CHAR 10.  This utility is pervasive, being called from 283
places (yea, it's proved very useful <g>).

I cannot change the utility first because it will immediately break.  (Trust
me on this, the current version of the utility uses the SPCVAL differently
than what the new version will.)

In my testing, it appears that I can call this utility command with the
calling program's variable being defined as *CHAR 10 (and the utility's
still being defined as *CHAR 7) and it works.  Therefore I could change all
283 locations as time permits, then change my utility.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks.