 F1 CHAR ( 16) FOR BIT DATA NOT NULL,

Since these are referenced to other tables (on other systems) they're
likely to be non-unique, so the unique isn't needed. Let's say I go
w/the char(16) for bit data approach, how to I translate the
7AF7EAA1-D035-4E22-BAD8-7F5640ECC4A7 I get from (in this case) a web
service to the correct bit data? And then translate it back when I need
to send it out again?

-Walden