Here is the article in Computer World, still there today.
Its title is:

Companies fail to properly secure IBM System i hardware, study says

Subtitle is: Few restrict or monitor access to data on the systems
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9004609

If the link gets chopped up by e-mail, go to Computerworld, search for iSeries Security, or elements of the title.

Here is another article, in IT Jungle, on the same study ... shorter url, less likely to be chopped up by the e-mail
 http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh110606-story03.html

the study, that the articles are discussing, is available by registering here ... both articles have links to get you there.
http://www.powertech.com/powertech/PowerTech_Web_Study.asp

Here is IBM in Q+A about the above ... basically in agreement that IBM supplies great security, but the customer has to use it properly ... it is like selling someone a lock, and a key that is never used. ... except IBM neglects to say that THEIR lock and key are not that simple to use, in our real world.
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9004670&intsrc=article_more_side

To see what can happen when we take a careless or cavalier attitude about the importance of computer security. http://attrition.org/dataloss/ Your employer can get on this list, with your name associated with some snafu, in Internet archives for all time. http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/ChronDataBreaches.htm

For our security responsibilities, per a competitor of the company that authored the study. http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/ITsecure/source/1.html

Are you able to access this page, I can not.