Thanks to all who replied.

I did find a link that will answer the question -
http://www-912.ibm.com/e_dir/eserverprereq.nsf

This is the IBM Prerequisite link - if you select the hardware tab and
enter the information it will come back with search results. Select the
appropriate results and it will give you all of the OS level requirements
and their respective Fix Levels.  This includes i5, AIX and Linux, and
HMC.

Jim

"Haase, Justin C." <justin.haase@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/30/2006 12:36 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: "D" IPL requires certain spin of OS?

Why don't you trust Rochester?  You need a newer version.  I was shipped
RSH (you must have RSE?) with my 570.  Get a newer I_BASE_01 disc and
you'll be fine.  It's reading it and failing because it doesn't have
whatever software is on the newer SLIC CD to boot the POWER5 or POWER5+
system.

Not sure where this is documented, but it is indeed a fact and has
bitten many.

--
Justin C. Haase - iSeries System Engineer
IBM Certified Systems Expert - System i