Bravo, Rob!  I could not have said that any better, which is why I am glad you
said it!

Mind if I save this reply for future use at client sites when I hear the old
"boss is cheap" argument?  I'm in security software and consulting, so I
receive zero benefit if they upgrade either their main app or their hardware or
both...

PS - Even if Nick's company is not public and is not subject to SOX compliance,
this still holds true.

************

Use the threat that everyone else uses.

Whereas this version of the OS is no longer supported by IBM,
and Whereas this lack of support means that PTF's that may address:
- security issues
- reliability
- hacking
will not be distributed by IBM
Therefore, I cannot, in good faith, say, in any manner, that this system
complies with Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, etc.

Regarding the upgrade fees.  Have they stopped all payments to Mapics and,
therefore, would be hit with a catch up fee?  Or, are they concerned
mainly with a processor upgrade fee?

Because, if they stopped all payments to Mapics and are running an old
version of Mapics, and also no longer have access to Mapics' version of
ptfs for their application software, then I'd repeat the above SOX
statement for the application software also.

As far as a processor upgrade...  I thought most vendors now charge by
'tier'  and since newer hardware often has a lot more bang for the tier,
couldn't you upgrade and stay in the same tier.
Best regards,

Steven W. Martinson, CISSP, CISM
Consultant - Servique, LLC
Cell 281.546.9836