Most of Arizona does not observe DST. They could be sitting on a gold
mine. Turn the entire state into a giant data center, we all move our
system there and never have to worry about this again.

neilpalmer400mr@xxxxxxxx 10/26/2006 10:14:59 PM >>>
How about using the new (at V5R3) BCTIMLMT on ENDSBS to do something
like this in a CL programmed submitted to the QCTL job queue (or
whatever your controlling subsystems job queue is - either directly or
from the job scheduler - set to run on the Sunday at 01:57 - and compile
with USRPRF(*OWNER) and make QSECOFR the owner):

PGM

DCL        VAR(&CTLSBS) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20)
DCL        VAR(&CTLSBSD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL        VAR(&CTLSBSLIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL        &MONTH  *CHAR  2
DCL        &DAY    *CHAR  2

MONMSG CPF0000

*SYSTEM/ENDSBS *ALL *CNTRLD DELAY(150) BCHTIMLMT(65)
DLYJOB DLY(180)

<<==== code for your time system value changes, probably to QHOUR, goes
here (figure out from &MONTH & &DAY what change you're making)

RTVSYSVAL  QMONTH  &MONTH
RTVSYSVAL  QDAY    &DAY

OR if using the system value QTIMZON time zone support to adjust, no
code needed, just restart.  If you are changing time back an hour and
don't want to repeat timestamps in files, journals etc., insert another
DLYJOB here to delay until 020001 arrives again, or just a DLYJOB
DLY(3600)
====>>

RTVSYSVAL  SYSVAL(QCTLSBSD) RTNVAR(&CTLSBS)
CHGVAR     VAR(&CTLSBSD) VALUE(%SST(&CTLSBS 1 10))
CHGVAR     VAR(&CTLSBSLIB) VALUE(%SST(&CTLSBS 11 10))

STRSBS: *SYSTEM/STRSBS SBSD(&CTLSBSLIB/&CTLSBSD)
MONMSG     MSGID(CPF1010) THEN(DO) /* Subsystem already active. */
<< insert code here to delay a minute or two if system hadn't yet ended
to restricted starte, then retry the STRSBS  with the GOTO>>
GOTO STRSBS
ENDDO

ENDPGM

This way you make the changes when the system is in a restricted state,
and start up the system after the change, so all jobs, subsystems,
applications, etc. have the correct time.

If things totally screw up in the program, the BCHTIMLMT on the ENDSBS
will bring the system back up 65 minutes after it ends.

(NOTE - the above is NOT tested code)

Neil Palmer, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

(This account not monitored for personal mail,
remove the last two letters before @ for that)