digital phones in the office environment for equipment such as computer
modems and fax machines. This handset-interface unit is compatible with
virtually all digital phone systems and modems.

neilpalmer400mr@xxxxxxxx 10/26/2006 9:16 PM >>>

That would work, if they had a phone line in the offices other than the
digital line to the PBX.  :-)

Neil Palmer, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

(This account not monitored for personal mail,
remove the last two letters before @ for that)

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Cunningham <MCUNNING@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Simple internal IP address resolution for mail

I would assume the salesman uses a modem to connection when outside
the
office. Any possibility of having this person use a modem in the
office
and connect to his ISP and get an external address?

neilpalmer400mr@xxxxxxxx 10/26/2006 5:56 PM >>>
Chris,

No active directory.  No internal DNS server.  No network people.
Just
a small account with an iSeries running POP/SMTP for email (along with
their distribution application).

So you're saying there's no quick and dirty solution, other than
configuring an internal DNS server just to server one address - the
"mail.theircompany.com" one ?

Neil Palmer, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada