Recently we have had to change our backup schedule and can only
occasionally get a full BRMS system backup. What we have been trying to
set up for the interim is an *ALLUSR backup that is set up as a
Save-While-Active. This will be a cumulative backup only run on Sunday.
When we try running it, it only runs for a second and then it is finished.
I am not sure why it is doing that. Can someone advise? Thanks. Here is
how we have it set up:

                              Display Backup Control Group Entries

        Group . . . . . . . . . . :     ALLUSRBKUP
        Default activity  . . . . :     I
        Text  . . . . . . . . . . :     Testing !!!!!

 Auxiliary      Weekly          Retain                  Save SWA
                Backup                  List            Storage Activity
Object           While          Message
        Seq     Items                   Type            Pool Device
SMTWTFS         Detail                  Active          Queue
          10    *EXIT I
          20    *ALLUSR                                 *SYSBAS         I
                *ERR            *SYSDFN         *LIB
          30    QGPL                                    *SYSBAS         I
                *ERR            *SYSDFN         *LIB
          40    QUSRSYS                                 *SYSBAS         I
                *ERR            *SYSDFN         *LIB
          50    QUSRBRM                                 *SYSBAS         I
                *ERR            *SYSDFN         *LIB
          60    *EXIT I

    Bottom
        Press Enter to continue.

        F3=Exit   F11=Display exits   F12=Cancel

                                          Change Backup Control Group
Attributes

        Group  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :        ALLUSRBKUP

        Type information, press Enter.

        Media policy for:
          Full backups . . . . . . . . . . . . .        DAILY Name, F4 for
list
          Incremental backups  . . . . . . . . .        DAILY Name, F4 for
list
        Backup devices . . . . . . . . . . . . .        TAP01 Name, F4 for
list

        Parallel device resources:
          Minimum resources  . . . . . . . . . .        *NONE 1-32, *NONE,
*AVAIL
          Maximum resources  . . . . . . . . . . 1-32, *AVAIL, *MIN
        Sign off interactive users . . . . . . .        *NO     *YES, *NO,
*BKUPCY
        Sign off limit . . . . . . . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  0-999
minutes, *BKUPCY
        Default weekly activity  . . . . . . . .        I  SMTWTFS(F/I),
*BKUPCY
        Incremental type . . . . . . . . . . . .        *CUML   *CUML,
*INCR, *BKUPCY

   More...
        F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F12=Cancel

                                          Change Backup Control Group
Attributes

        Group  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :        ALLUSRBKUP

        Type information, press Enter.

        Automatically backup
            media information  . . . . . . . . .        *LIB    *LIB,
*OBJ, *NONE, *BKUPCY
        Save access paths  . . . . . . . . . . .        *YES    *YES, *NO,
*BKUPCY
        Save contents of save files  . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *YES,
*NO, *BKUPCY
        Data compression . . . . . . . . . . . .        *DEV    *DEV,
*YES, *NO, *BKUPCY
        Data compaction  . . . . . . . . . . . .        *DEV    *DEV, *NO,
*BKUPCY
        Target release . . . . . . . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *CURRENT,
*PRV, *BKUPCY
        Clear  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *NONE,
*ALL...
        Object pre-check . . . . . . . . . . . .        *NO     *YES, *NO,
*BKUPCY
        Append to media  . . . . . . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *YES,
*NO, *BKUPCY
        End of tape option . . . . . . . . . . .        *UNLOAD  *UNLOAD,
*REWIND...
        Journaled objects  . . . . . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *YES,
*NO, *BKUPCY
        Use optimum block size . . . . . . . . .        *YES    *BKUPCY,
*DEV, *YES, *NO
        Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .        Testing !!!!!

   More...
        F3=Exit   F12=Cancel

                                          Change Backup Control Group
Attributes

        Group  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :        ALLUSRBKUP

        Type information, press Enter.

        IPL after backup . . . . . . . . . . . .        *NO     *YES, *NO,
*BKUPCY
           How to end  . . . . . . . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *CNTRLD,
*IMMED, *BKUPCY
           Delay time, if *CNTRLD  . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  Seconds,
*NOLIMIT
           Restart after power down  . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *YES,
*NO, *BKUPCY
           IPL source  . . . . . . . . . . . . .        *BKUPCY  *PANEL,
A, B, *BKUPCY

    Bottom
        F3=Exit   F12=Cancel

Nick Franco