From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Larry Bolhuis
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 9:30 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Maximum number of records reached for file

YES. Yes it can and I have seen it done.  You may want to increase the
size no argument there but I wouldn't go *NOMAX. I would use a
monitoring tool to watch QSYSOPR and then page someone.
 - L

Burns, Bryan wrote:
How can I avoid CPA4072 messages (Maximum number of records reached for file
XXXXX) from being issued for MAPICS reports after hours and preventing
backups and MRP from running?  This occurred once in May and again last
night.  In May, it was the AMI2TRP file, last night it was the AMQ2MRP file.

I could increase the MAXRCDS in the MAPICS printer overrides, but we have
over 1,000 overrides.  I think the default is set way too low. I'm thinking I
should have a system reply list entry answer with  *NOMAX.   In today's day
and age, can a runaway spooled file job eat up all the 200 Gb of free DASD we
have?

Thanks,

Bryan Burns
M.I.S. Department