Not a single file in there on our boxes. -Marty

------------------------------

date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:09:37 -0400
from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Whopping significant disk space on our 520 development lpar.

We've freed up a LOT of space on our 520 development lpar.  Went from
74.6% all the way down to 45%.  A difference of 30%.  30% of 776GB was
233GB or between three and four 70GB disk drives.
Coworker noticed that the amount of space in the directory
/QIBM/UserData/OS400/MGTC/service was quite staggering.  I looked - they
were all Management Central traces.  I used the File Systems part of iNav
to sort by last change date.  Anything that wasn't change, or accessed,
this month I deleted.  Over 700 files.  As a result in this savings we may
see a change in:
- Length of time to do downtime backup.
- Maybe even the number of tapes to do a backup.

Maybe I ought to look at this on our production lpar on our 570?  ;-)

Now if I can figure out why that dang directory does not appear on our
reports!

And the boss just rush ordered in several disk drives, a raid card.
Oopsie.  Time to duck out to lunch.