We've freed up a LOT of space on our 520 development lpar.
Went from 74.6% all the way down to 45%.  A difference of
30%.  30% of 776GB was 233GB or between three and four 70GB
disk drives.
Coworker noticed that the amount of space in the directory
/QIBM/UserData/OS400/MGTC/service was quite staggering.  I
looked - they were all Management Central traces.  I used the
File Systems part of iNav to sort by last change date.
Anything that wasn't change, or accessed, this month I
deleted.  Over 700 files.  As a result in this savings we may
see a change in:
- Length of time to do downtime backup.
- Maybe even the number of tapes to do a backup.

I checked it on ours.  Cleaned up old ones and usage went from 65% to 54%.

And the boss just rush ordered in several disk drives, a raid card.
Oopsie.  Time to duck out to lunch.

Might want to make it a long one . . .

<g>