From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Graap, Kenneth
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:08 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: simple D.R.

I'd recommend one big journal for the entire lib, unless you have a file
or two that have a million changes an hour or something like that. You
might want to isolate those to separate journals...

If you have another i5 at a remote location, consider using Remote
Journaling to that location and backup the receivers over there
occasionally.

Using remote journaling to another system will insure that you are able
to recover transactions between backup tape rotation (incase you have a
fire or something and loose your production system) without having to
backup receivers every hour and send those tapes off site...

Kenneth