From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Swaim
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:10 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Writing to a NFS mounted directory from the Iseries

I have an Iseries (V5R1) and a Linux machine.  I have export a NFS
directory on my Linux machine and have successfully mounted that
directory on my Iseries.  I can see any of the files that are already in
the directory.  I can, from my PC, navigate to the folder on my Iseries
and copy a file to that directory.  It shows up on the Linux server and
is also viewable on the Iseries.  Using the NFS options I was able to
direct the uid and gid to one specific user for this mount.  After I
copy the files from my PC it is mapped to the correct user/group on the
Linux machine.

Here is my problem:

If I go to WRKLNK and go to another folder and try to copy a file to
that directory, the system will error with the following message:

CPFA098
The CCSID of the target file could not be set to match the CCSID of the
source file.

If I specify the CCSID on the copy command I get this error:

CPFA0B1
Message . . . . :   Requested operation not allowed.  Access problem.
Cause . . . . . :   An operation was requested on an object, but the
operation
  is not allowed in the context of the request.  Appropriate privileges
may
be
  required or the file system may not allow an operation to the selected
  object.

I have mounted the directory under the QSECOFR profile and I am trying
copy the file using WRKLNK under the QSECOFR profile.  I do not
understand
what type of access problem there might be.  It will copy a file through

NETSERVER to the NFS mounted directory but it will not copy the file
using
WRKLNK.

I have also tried the following:

CPYTOIMPF (Myfile) TOSTMF(NFS mounted directory/Myfile.csv)

this produces the following error:
CPDA09B
Message . . . . :   CCSID conversion could not be performed.
Cause . . . . . :   The coded character set identifier (CCSID)
conversion
  could not be performed because the input data is not valid or can not
be
  identified by the specified code set.

According to the MOUNT command  I have the option of *Binary for the
Data
CCSID which according to the help is supposed to be that NO conversion
is
used

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks