From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:28 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Copy a Save Tape?

All excellent points!  Like if you do a option 21 only 8 weeks and you
only save a few production libraries on a nightly basis.  What about:
- New user profiles created since?
- New printer definitions (like the trouble dave parnin had with his new
printer - like he'd really have half a day to resolve that, again, in a DR
situation)
- IFS directories that are deemed "static".

If you're doing a DR test, then why assume you are going to have the
latest and greatest option 21 only an hour old?  Trust me, I've done lots
of unload/reloads and have another one scheduled.  If you follow Appendix
D of the Backup and Recovery manual it's not that tricky.  It's when you
DON'T have the fresh option 21 that it starts to get a little hairy.