Deb,

Interesting.  I'm assuming you have only one full system save from your post
and your concerns are having the tapes lost or damaged.  I hope you're doing
full backups on a regular basis and send them offsite.  Why not, if you're
doing a full save weekly or monthly, use an older set of SAVSYS tapes.

Why not send all your recovery tapes to the DR site with exception of the ones
needed for daily operations within your comfort zone.  You never know when
you're going to have a bad tape in a recovery and have to use an older SAVSYS.
A DR test is more than having one set of recovery tapes in the server room.
It's having multiple sets vaulted offsite, IMHO. Testing and documenting how
your tapes are shipped is a very import part of how you're going to recover in
a disaster.  If you can't trust them in a test situation, how are you going to
trust them being shipped in a real disaster.

I suggest you test like it was a real disaster when possible.  Have your
Director declare a date and time a test disaster happened.  Send only tapes
vaulted offsite to the DR site and see if you can recover with just those tapes
to that date and time.  Find your weaknesses in your recovery.  Document them.
Make necessary changes and test again.  Pactice like it's real.  Once you've
documented several test and have others in your company restore the system at
the DR site.  You never know who will be available to recover the system in a
disaster.

Ken H.