Excellent!

On 10/3/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1 - They can ALL be done anytime.  Change INSTYP to either *DLYALL or
*IMMDLY.  Why increase your dedicated system time to do that part of the
INSPTF?
2 - See 1.

This is good .. the only thing I need to do off hours is an IPL which
completes the PTFs that require the IPL.

3 - Yes.  Keep in mind, that if you've done the ftp to get the binary in
the same ifs directory as your image catalog you can do a ADDIMGCLGE
TOFILE(*fromfile) and not have to have the binary in your ifs twice.  And,
the big kicker, that addimgclge will run like a scalded dog.

Vern mentioned that as well.  Basically, I ftp the binaries into a folder on
the IFS (i.e. /fixes), create the image catalog onto that directory, and add
an image catalog entry for each binary image in the /fixes directory with
TOFILE(*fromfile).

4 - I make 3 image catalogs for ptf's:  CUME, all groups, and one called
MISC.  I do
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(CUME) TOFILE(*FROMFILE) (repeat as necessary)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(CUME) DEV(OPTVRT01)
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTVRT01) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(CUME) DEV(OPTVRT01) OPTION(*UNLOAD)
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(GROUP) TOFILE(*FROMFILE) (repeat as necessary)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(GROUP) DEV(OPTVRT01)
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTVRT01) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(GROUP) DEV(OPTVRT01) OPTION(*UNLOAD)
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(MISC) TOFILE(*FROMFILE) (repeat as necessary)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(MISC) DEV(OPTVRT01)
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTVRT01) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(MISC) DEV(OPTVRT01) OPTION(*UNLOAD)
Followed by a lot of RMVIMGCLGE's.

Why do you do this?

I ordered the July cume, and my understanding is that the cume orders
trigger the necessary HIPER, Group and DB packages as well.  There are 4
binary images in the CUME .. how do you know which image is which type of
fix?

I also put all the steps in the email to download the data in a script
file.  See also II-B at
http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/67.html

I may do that .. I am 2/3 through image #1, and have 3 more to do.  The
600MB files do take a while!

Many thanks .. you have been very helpful.