You dont need another controller to drive the additinal 4 disks, but you
need the cage which must be ordered.

Pete

Subject: Re: adding disk to i5 520
From:    "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Mon, October 2, 2006 11:00 am
To:      "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I got the job done with info from Lukas as well as the Info Center
Hardware
(search "9405 Install Disk") which did let me know a normal ipl, followed
by
STRSST will allow the configure of the disks.
This i5 Express Edition has 8 slots, but after removing the cover, and
pulling
the spacers, only the top 4 slots have something to plug into. Assume it
takes
another disk controller to get the next 4?
A note the straspbal to balance the drives took perhaps 12 hours.

My next step is to add a gig of memory - and that requires really getting
into
the box...

jim franz