From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bonnie
Lokenvitz
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:08 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Barcode 3of9 question

I have printer file and RPGLE program that prints four 3of9
bar codes.

Each field is defined as alpha and the DDS keyword looks
like this:

BARCODE(CODE3OF9 3 *HRITOP  X'02')

All look OK except the one that is a generated number with a
check digit
that is moved to a sixteen-character field for the masking.
Value
4851-36500004-5, where the last 5 is the check digit, prints
as
4851-36500004-5Y

This is AFPDS not IPDS.

Do you have any idea what I have done wrong?

Thank you,

Bonnie Lokenvitz

  Technology Consulting Inc

  320.679.2599