Charlie,

We have been using RVI (Real Vision Software) It is only 25k and no
license fees or client software needed. Also runs 100% on AS400. will
work on green screen or you can web enable it. We have used it for 2
years now. We create about 20,000 documents or about 100,000 pages per
day with it.

Now we create our documents electronically with Quadrant Software's
Formtastic (funny thing is Quadrant put us in contact with RVI) and it
will put them into RVI. We do not use the new product they have out. We
were before this product but we also like it better this way plus
cheaper. I would also tell you to use RVI if you can and like to change
source code or embed the images into your own software. RVI will allow
you to do this very easily. Their support is fantastic. Email them and
an answer almost immediately. And the right answers every time. Creating
images with Formtastic and RVI though will all happen on the 400 and
will require some CPU.  We found the answer to that to be we create them
over night and not during the day. Works for us but might not for all.

RVI allow you to pull up images in most nay format but we chose PDF so
we do not have to load any software on anyone's pc. We have 200
employees and over 7,000 customers over the US so this was important to
us. WE put  link on our web site that pulls the image, converts to PDF
and displays. Took all of 5 minutes once RVI showed us the program to
call.

If flexibility, a 400 solution and cost is important to you then need to
check them out.

Hello;

We are in the process of evaluating imaging solutions to replace our
existing imaging solution.  The software we are currently looking at is
Quadrants Intellichief product.  As they are a relatively new to the
imaging arena, I was wondering what other industries and companies
think
about the Intellichief imaging solution.  Also, if you have a
recommendation on a imaging solution, just drop me a line.

Thank You;

Charlie Randall
Crandall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx