Joe Pluta wrote:
   8. RE: News from COMMON? (Joe Pluta)

From: Peter Levy

> I tried to then log in and am being told "Log-In Failed".
I had problems signing on too. Did you use the user ID number they generated or the user name you selected. I have to enter the number or the login fails.

Hee hee!  I'm just glad I'm not the ONLY one that didn't catch that right
away.  I suppose I should have seen the big red "IMPORTANT" thing, but I
don't remember the last time I was assigned an ID (Oh yes I do - the IBM
website <grin>).

Yeah, I guess I have to start over. There is so far no visible way to learn your 6-digit COMMON-ID if all that you know is your not-6-digit COMMON-ID and your password. They are clearly both called [COMMON-ID] because I can type my not-6-digit COMMON-ID into the field labeled "COMMON-ID" to request my password and it sends my password as expected. The same e-mail contains my not-6-digit COMMON-ID.

However, if I type my e-mail address into the field for "*Send me my COMMON-ID and password!*", the resulting e-mail only includes my password along with a statement that I should use my "COMMON-ID" when entering my password.

Sigh.

Tom Liotta