I tried to then log in and am being told "Log-In Failed".
I had problems signing on too. Did you use the user ID number they generated or the user name you selected. I have to enter the number or the login fails.

----- Original Message ----- From: Joe Pluta
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 3:24 PM
Subject: RE: News from COMMON?

From: Pete Helgren

This will be cool if it works and it has my full emotional support.  My
"business hat" side isn't so sure.

We'll see.

It took three refreshes of the screen to get the icons.  Could just be
server load, I don't know.  It's running WorldGroup software (the old Major
BBS, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_BBS) on Windows.

I'm not big on the merchandising.  They use Café Press, a very successful
print-on-demand retailer; it's generic merchandise with a semi-custom logo.
And definitely not at a generic price!  Who gets all the money; COMMON?
Also, the Café Press website links to AngusTheITChap; am I the only one who
sees that as a bit of a conflict?

The IBM "truth" link takes me to a Flash presentation that doesn't work.  It
shows a bunch of "I" logos, with and without circles, and each one when I
click brings up an empty white box with an empty red rectangle.  My machine?
I don't know.

Well, I thought I'd at least try some of the features, so I tried to join.
I'm not a COMMON member, so I created a non-COMMON member account.  After
clicking through the "iSociety Creed", I entered my name "Joe Pluta" and a
password as well as a bunch of personal information, and was told I was good
to go.  I tried to then log in and am being told "Log-In Failed".

So...

Let's just say today wasn't a ringing endorsement.

Joe