The very first thing you need to do is to find out where your space is
tied up.

First run, in batch, a RTVDSKINF.
Next, run a PRTDSKINF *SYS.  Study that carefully.  We have more free
space on our system than the pittance tied up in "User libraries".  So,
trying to reorg a file to free up 10MB when the real culprit is an 800GB
IFS file (User directories) is not going to give you the biggest bang for
the buck.  Don't you agree?  You should get a report like the following on
our 5TB machine:
                                                % of         Size in
Description                                     Disk     1,000,000 bytes
User libraries                                 11.96          565365.50
User directories                               68.51         3239014.53
Folders and documents                            .02             715.66
QSYS                                             .14            6409.20
Other IBM libraries                              .57           26880.27
Licensed Internal Code                           .09            4449.33
Temporary space                                  .78           36995.31
Unused space                                   17.70          836812.74
System internal objects                          .16            7476.59
Objects not in a library                         .01             310.15
TOTAL                                          99.94         4724429.28

Further down on this report you will see it broken down into some system
detail.  This will tell you things like "How much space is tied up in
spool files?" etc.

Now, if you DO have a lot of space tied up in User libraries (like more
"traditional" shops would have) then I suggest running PRTDSKINF *LIB.
That will give you a report like:
                                                       Library Information
                             % of          Size in    Last       Last
Library      Owner           Disk        1000 bytes   Change     Use
YEAREND      SSA             2.62       123806543.9   07/21/06   07/21/06
ROUTINES     ROB             1.69        79773777.9   09/07/06   09/07/06
QGPL         QSYS             .72        34264125.4   09/07/06   09/07/06
QMPGDATA     SYSGENPGMR       .56        26699526.1   09/07/06   09/07/06
CLIDIVF      SSA36            .39        18329284.6   09/07/06   09/07/06
MGR1499099   SYSGENPGMR       .34        16162476.0   09/07/06   09/07/06

With an additional column on the right of:
Description
Year End Save Library
Common routines
General Purpose Library
Performance monitor data for PM/400

INTEGRAL Managers Data for GDI SERVICES PAYROLL

So, based on this information I can see that 2.62% of disk is tied up in
the library YEAREND.  Therefore I would run:
PRTDSKINF RPTTYPE(*LIB) LIB(YEAREND) OBJ(*ALL) SORT(*SIZE)
This would give you this report:
Library/                                % of          Size in
Object          Type      Owner       Library       1000 bytes
YEAREND         *LIB      SSA                      123806642.2
  DTIDIV0706    *FILE     MONA          15.34       18993152.0
  CLIDIV0706    *FILE     MONA          14.77       18281984.0
  CLIDIV1205    *FILE     SSA36         11.51       14247288.8
  DTIDIV1205    *FILE     SSA70         11.02       13639376.9
  PAIELC0706    *FILE     MONA           9.03       11180998.7
  PAIELC1205    *FILE     SSA26          7.25        8970592.3
  DEIDIV0706    *FILE     MONA           5.63        6971023.4
  DEIDIV1205    *FILE     SSA23          5.23        6474448.9
What is doesn't tell you is the object type.  I just happen to know they
are all save files.  If I wanted to, I could break this down using DSPOBJD
to an outfile and query that for object type, etc.  I could also do a
DSPFD to an outfile.  Then I could query that.  I could multiply the
number of deleted records by the record size to get an estimate of what
space would be freed by doing a RGZPFM.  I could sort this computed
column, descending.

Now, if I wanted a list of the biggest traditional OS/400 objects (stuff
in libraries), regardless of library, I could run
PRTDSKINF RPTTYPE(*OBJ) OBJ(*ALL)
This would give you:
                                                   % of
Object        Library     Type      Owner          Disk
IFSLIST       ROUTINES    *FILE     SSA             .67
DTIDIV0706    YEAREND     *FILE     MONA            .40
CLIDIV0706    YEAREND     *FILE     MONA            .39
CLIDIV1205    YEAREND     *FILE     SSA36           .30
DTIDIV1205    YEAREND     *FILE     SSA70           .29
PAIELC0706    YEAREND     *FILE     MONA            .24
Q249000035    QMPGDATA    *MGTCOL   QCOLSRV         .22
ZAUDJR1057    QGPL        *JRNRCV   QDFTOWN         .22
Q248000031    QMPGDATA    *MGTCOL   QCOLSRV         .21
PAIELC1205    YEAREND     *FILE     SSA26           .19
ZAUDJR1055    QGPL        *JRNRCV   QDFTOWN         .18
BACKFILE00    QGPL        *FILE     TROYM           .18
DB00          PCBACKUP    *FILE     WATSON          .17
DEIDIV0706    YEAREND     *FILE     MONA            .15
DEIDIV1205    YEAREND     *FILE     SSA23           .14
ZAUDJR1059    QGPL        *JRNRCV   QDFTOWN         .11
PRTRAND       MGR1499099  *FILE     SYSGENPGMR      .10

Notice the first file in here that the average user would give a hoot
about is the last one I showed you - PRTRAND.  The bulk is save files,
performance data, journal receivers and some stuff left over from an
ancient version of ADSM that I need to get rid of (thank you for the
exercise).

Now, getting back to the first report.  Remember this line?
                                                % of         Size in
Description                                     Disk     1,000,000 bytes
User directories                               68.51         3239014.53

To break this down you need to run two other things:
RTVDIRINF DIR('/')
PRTDIRINF RPTTYPE(*DIR)
IBM needs to do some work on these reports.  On most machines they run ok.
 However on the machine with 68% tied up in IFS it takes over 30 hours
just to run the print.  AFTER the rtv was already done!  I ran it in debug
and you can see they really screwed the pooch with SQL.  And this is after
a screaming fast upgrade that took a report that ran for over 2 hours on
this 570 down to 10 minutes.  However, when it does get done you will have
a report like the following:
                                                        Size in
Description                                         1,000,000 bytes
Total disk space on system                               4727853.02
Total disk used space                                    3869225.34
Total disk unused space                                   858627.67
  Directory . . :   /
          Number of        % of              Size in
Description           Objects         Disk             Megabytes
Total space used by this directory                327         .00  30.12
Total space used by objects in this directory and subdirectories   1205771
      80.75            3641142.02
Total space used by storage freed files                  0         .00
    .00
Total space used by local files                243         .00      9.00
Total space used by hidden files                  0         .00        .00
Total space used by stream files type 2                240         .00
   8.24
Total space used by objects being journaled                  0         .00
                  .00
Total space used by stream file with sever digital signatures      0   .00
                  .00
Total space used by files checked out                  0         .00
.00

Skipping down several pages you can see that IXS cards and Linux
partitions really eat up the space:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  Directory . . :   /QFPNWSSTG
          Number of        % of              Size in
Description           Objects         Disk             Megabytes
Total space used by this directory                 47         .00  .36
Total space used by objects in this directory and subdirectories       143
      53.64            2418537.10
Total space used by storage freed files                  0         .00
    .00
Total space used by local files                  1         .00       .03
Total space used by hidden files                  0         .00        .00
Total space used by stream files type 2                  0         .00
    .00
Total space used by objects being journaled                  0         .00
                  .00
Total space used by stream file with sever digital signatures      0   .00
                  .00
Total space used by files checked out                  0         .00
.00

Versus the pittance used by

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  Directory . . :   /QSYS.LIB
          Number of        % of              Size in
Description           Objects         Disk             Megabytes
Total space used by this directory              26929         .06  2849.59
Total space used by objects in this directory and subdirectories   1072284
      12.50             564029.57
Total space used by storage freed files                  0         .00
    .00
Total space used by local files              23738         .05   2286.79
Total space used by hidden files                  0         .00        .00
Total space used by stream files type 2                  0         .00
    .00
Total space used by objects being journaled                  0         .00
                  .00
Total space used by stream file with sever digital signatures  12366   .03
              1392.95