To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: IBM Fax support for iSeries

Rob,

I'm very surprised to learn from these responses that 5798FAX can run on V5R4.

When we upgraded from an 830 w/V5R2 to a partitioned 570 w/V5R3 our B.P. told us in no uncertain terms that the fax product wasn't going to be supported. We had originally purchased it to run on our old 830 intending to migrate from the RMTi fax product because that vendor had decided to stop supporting it. In the end we had to switch gears and convert to Quadrant's FastFax product instead.

I read earlier in this thread that it's very hardware dependent, so I'd like to know what hardware it's supported on?

Pete
----- Original Message ----- From: rob@xxxxxxxxx