we get this error frequently but had it before and after our 820 to 520
migration. We usually get them with one of our offices runs a large
e-mail send and there are invalid addresses in our database. Not just
undeliverable but malformed (e.g.
"mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" - yes this was an actualy
address entered by one of our students) we usually will purge all SMTP
mail when we see a lot of them, usually on system startup. But these do
not appear to stop other mail from working

jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 9/5/2006 4:36:13 PM >>>
We recently (three weeks ago) upgraded from an 820 to a 520.  Ever
since that
time, email has not worked.

Specifically, the following message is sent to QSYSOPR:

                        Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPFAF98       Severity . . . . . . . :   00
Message type . . . . . :   Information
Date sent  . . . . . . :   09/05/06      Time sent  . . . . . . :
15:25:26

Message . . . . :   Job 053796/QMSF/QMSF stopped processing MSF
message.
Cause . . . . . :   Exit point program QTMSFWD in library QTCP for exit
point
  QIBM_QZMFMSF_MSG_FWD has detected a condition with message ID
  10F634C0609051525260000000008. The message indicates that processing
should
  be ended. The MSF message will be processed again the next time the
Start
  Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command is used.
Recovery  . . . :   Determine why the exit point program indicated
that
  processing for a message is to be ended. There may be messages listed
in the
  job log that caused the exit point program to fail. Correct the error
and
  use the End Mail Server Framework (ENDMSF) command to end all MSF
jobs. Then
  use the Start Mail Server Framework (STRMSF) command to start
message
  processing again.

Bottom
Press Enter to continue.

This is a section for the MSF joblog:

                         Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . :   TCP5101       Severity . . . . . . . :   30
Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
Date sent  . . . . . . :   09/05/06      Time sent  . . . . . . :
15:25:26

Message . . . . :   Integrated File System file open failed on file
   JMCKEE20060905152730
Cause . . . . . :   The RTCP function requires the use of an Integrated
File
   System file JMCKEE20060905152730. The errno return from the call is
3025.
Either this file is missing, locked or damaged on the system and cannot
be
   used at this time.
Recovery  . . . :   Stop Mail System Framework ie. "ENDMSF" and
restart
   "STRMSF".

Check earlier entries in Job Log for possible reasons for this
failure.

If system storage problem:

More...
Press Enter to continue.

F3=Exit   F6=Print   F9=Display message details   F12=Cancel
F21=Select assistance level

In this case, the file named was located in /home/BSYPGMR4.

Other files were left abandoned in / as well as /tmp

Any suggestions as to where to look for the cause and how to fix?

Thank you

John McKee