From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rfolsom@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 11:04 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Console setup

I ran into a slight problem at a customer's site the other day, and need
some help.  First of all, I'm basically a programmer, so forgive my
ignorance.

The client has a 170, and it is set up so there is no console in QCTL.
The
console shows up in QINTER as DSP02.  I didn't even notice until I tried
end all of the subsystems so I could do a SAVSYS and got the message
about
being in the wrong mode.  I looked through the setup and found QCONSOLE
was
not on at IPL, but since these guys hadn't shut the system down
intentionally for six years, I thought it kind of foolish to do an IPL
get the console online just so I could make sure I got a system save
before
shutting the system down.  How's that for programmer's logic.  Anyway,
can
someone tell me what command(s) I need to change their setup so the
terminal is the console, rather that a display terminal in QINTER?
Thanks.

Rick Folsom, IT Administrator
Yupo Corporation America
757-819-9230