Hi Mark,

HPT should support the DDS keywords FONT, FNTCHRSET
and the keyword for Coded Fonts correctly. As far as I
know, it does not support CHRSIZ because that keyword
causes an IPDS capable printer to build a printer
resident graphic font (of character size x and y) from
a standard printer resident font. HPT doesn't support
the type of graphic font expected by CHRSIZ.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul

date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:38:52 -0400
from: "mlazarus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<mlazarus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Can HPT handle font keywords?

 Can Host Print Transform handle data generated with
DDS keywords:
FONT,
FNTCHRSET, CHRSIZ?  No error is generated, but I am
receiving either
blank
pages or what appears to be regular text (it might be
slightly smaller
and
bolder, but it's hard to tell.)

 Using FONTNAME (under v5R3):

[Note: BNAME length is 24.]

     A            BNAME     R             10

FONTNAME('Times New Roman
WT' +
(*POINTSIZE 18.0 18.0) +
     A                                      (*ROTATION
 90) +
     A                                      (*CODEPAGE

QFNTCPL/C02055H0))

     A                                      SKIPA( 1 )

 caused the writer to dump:

CH1211    Escape                  40   08/30/06
11:09:15.450008
QWPZFTPM
QSYS        *STMT    QWPZFTPM    Q
                                    From module . . .
. . . . . :
QWPZAFT

                                    From procedure  .
. . . . . :
transformFont
                                    Statement . . . .
. . . . . :   96

                                    To module . . . .
. . . . . :
QWPZAFT

                                    To procedure  . .
. . . . . :
transformFont
                                    Statement . . . .
. . . . . :   96

                                    Message . . . . :
 Attempt made to
divide by zero for fixed point operation.
PF3698    Information             00   08/30/06
11:09:15.627472
QSCPUTR
QSYS        004F     QSCGSO      Q
                                    Message . . . . :