Marvin - you are assuming that everyone who e-mails anything is always
going to an ACII destination. Not true.

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

             "Marvin Radding"
             <marvin.radding@l
             ifecareassurance.                                          To
             com>                      <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange-l-bounce
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                        Subject
                                       Re: Using SNDDST to email physical
                                       files
             08/25/2006 12:23
             PM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I want to keep it simple.  Starting with a flat file on the AS/400 (in
other words a file with only one field), I want to be able to email it out.
SNDDST seems to be limited as to what and how it can email these things
out. Will it convert a file from EBCDIC to ASCII automatically? If not, why
not since email is an ASCII world function?

Marvin

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:15:54 -0500
from: Troy Foster <tfoster@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Using SNDDST to email physical files

Did you convert it to ASCII?

Marvin Radding wrote:
I am trying to email a flat file from the AS/400. When it successfully
emails the file, it contains garbage.  I can't seem to get it right.  Does
anyone have any utilities or service programs that can assist in this?

Marvin

message: 5
date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:19:44 -0400
from: "Peter Levy" <plevy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Using SNDDST to email physical files

Could be that you've got an EBCDIC/ASCII conversion problem. If the flat
file is EBCDIC and email program is assuming it's ASCII, then this would
cause the email client to display garbage.