We do something similar here but I can warn you that you put your life
in the hands of the staff doing PC setup. If they don't name the
sessions in Client Access correctly you can get lots of calls about why
isn't my report printing. We wrote an app that is run as part of our
iSeries logon that looks for all devices that start with the same prefix
as the display session name. (e.g. We name all our PCs based off the
college inventory sticker. My PC is PC064587 which is also the windows
PC name. Client access sessions use the Windows PC name and add an
automatic suffix so the first session is PC064587A and the second is
PC064587B. No guarantee if the first session is the printer or a display
or even a second display). The login app looks at the PC064587* and then
looks for all devices that start with that string. Then looks at each
device to find one the is defined as a printer (PRTVRT). The script then
changes that user profiles PRTDEV attribute to the printer device. All
other apps that print then do a rtvusrprf to get the prtdev attribute
and do an override print file. Not perfect as someone may not have a
printer session defined, or it is defined and not started, or they have
started multiple printers (thats another story for another time)

rob@xxxxxxxxx 8/24/2006 12:50:49 PM >>>
You mean like CHGDEVDSP DEVD(SESSIONA) PRTDEV(SESSIONB) OUTQ(*DEV)

But since QSYSPRT uses outq(*job) then you may have to do something
like
RTVJOBA JOB(&WSID)
&PRTID=&WSID but replace 'A' with 'B'
and then override appropriately.

If you ran the CHGDEVDSP, then a configuration api could be ran to
determine the printer associated with that device.

See also:
CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(...) PRTDEV(*WRKSTN) OUTQ(*WRKSTN)
CHGJOBD JOBD(...) PRTDEV(*WRKSTN) OUTQ(*DEV)
CHGJOB PRTDEV(*WRKSTN) OUTQ(*DEV)
OVRPRTF FILE(...) DEV(&PRTID) OUTQ(*DEV)