Hello Vern,

I'm not getting message CPF9163.
And I use *FileType.

But I allready thougt, that this bit isn't for getting information about
DDM  too. Where else can I obtain this information? I'll have a look at the
object description APIs.

Eduard Spanninger
STAMAG Stadlauer Malzfabrik GesmbH

             Vernon Hamberg
             <vhamberg@comcast
             .net>                                                      An
             Gesendet von:              Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce          Discussion
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx             <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                     Kopie

             21.08.2006 14:45                                        Thema
                                        Re: API QDBRtvFD and DDM files

              Bitte antworten
                    an
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

There are PTFs for V5R1 and V5R2 related to this

R510 SI04540   3007
R520 SI04538   BASE

But these fix is related to getting a CPF9163 message - is that
happening to you?

Also, the documentation says that this API does not work for *SNA
type DDM files in multiple threaded jobs, I believe.

But I think the real problem is that the bit flag is not for DDM
files, rather for something called distributed files - yes, that word
is part of DDM. But the distributed file section includes information
about node groups, etc. But I could be wrong here - sometimes IBM
overloads a section for multiple uses.

Have you set the 8th parameter (system) to *RMT or *FILETYPE? But
this makes me think that the DDM attribute is not returned here - you
already know, using an object description API.

Maybe use one of the object description APIs to get the extended attribute.

HTH
Vern