Thanks ... the place I sending to was speculating that it was
packed.  DSPFFD told me that all the numeric fields ended up
being packed, while all the alpha fields in CHAR.

They want me to get a DDS file layout, and send it to them.
I do DDS a lot when modifying BPCS.

I was looking for something like RTVDDSSRC except I not see
that particular command, and the RTV* I am seeing can't be
done from command line, so my memory obviously flawed with
respect to the command I looking for.

CRTSRCPF aint it either
CRTPF creates physical file from a source member ... I want
to go in opposite direction

My boss wants this working like yesterday, so I guess I will
end up transcribing the info manually from DSPFFD to a DDS to
send the other end

I have vague memory of some 400 command that creates source
code needed for some physical object.  I think we have used
it on configuration objects, to setup something the same way
as something else.

I not have gazillion utilities because my access is not
unlimited, and the company not want to pay for anything non-
native ... I have in the past tried to get shareware on
board, but it has been a great pain in rear effort.