Agreed, but I this is no better a fix than changing ACCPTH(*NO) to
ACCPTH(*YES) prior to V5R3.  IBM needs a change that is appropriate to all
customers (*NOTSOEASYASTHEBOXGETSLARGER), and will survive from release to
release.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             Wayne McAlpine
             <wayne.mcalpine@s
             os.louisiana.gov>                                          To
             Sent by:                  midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: CPA5303 Record not added.
             08/21/2006 08:50          Member &1 is full
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

A quick fix is to change the command default on CRTPF to increase the
number of initial records and/or the increments.

Al Barsa wrote:
Happy to have fixed YOUR problem, but this appears to be a systemic
problem
that IBM will somehow have to deal with.

Al

Hi,

I presume that you are referring to CPA5305, not CPA5303, which does not
exist.  CPA5305 refers to what happens when a file member is full.  The
System i is a system that has grown up from the heritable of the
System/38
in 1978.  That's 28 years!  The 1978 default on the CRTPF command is
SIZE(10000 1000 3).  Not so inappropriate for a system that was announced
with a maximum disk capacity of 384 MB of disk.  Possibly a bit small,
but
even when then the system maxed out with four strings (16 total drives)
of
9335 disks and six piccolo drives, The maximum DASD would have been
14.064
GB.  We recently announced that by next year the smallest system you will
be able to buy will be 70GB.  Only God knows what the largest system is
you
can buy (it keeps going up so fact that I can't keep track, but clearly
it's a number in the many terabytes.

There is a philosophy throughout the life of our wonderful system, never
change defaults, and historically when we do (without adding a global
switch - like the SAVLIB/SAVOBJ/SAVCHGOBJ system value QSAVACCPTH), we
execute the MAKEAMESS command.

This is a parameter that either needs a change i some fashion, but I'm
loathe to suggest what to do.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             "Smith, Mike"

             <Mike_Smith@RGCRe

             sources.com>
             Sent by:                  "Midrange Systems Technical

             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion"

             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

             08/21/2006 08:02
Subject
             AM                        RE: CPA5303 Record not added.

                                       Member &1 is full

             Please respond to

             Midrange Systems

                 Technical

                Discussion

             <midrange-l@midra

                 nge.com>

Thank you very much.  That appears to have fixed the problem.  I knew it
had to be something simple!.

Michael Smith
iSeries.mySeries.