I wondered where the "OPEN ME FIRST" envelope was and there
is apprarently no such animal anymore.

This machine is loaded with V5R3, so I assume it got shipped
with at least a fairly recent PTF cume. I plan to order the
most current this afternoon.

This customer is 200 miles away from me and but strangely enough,
I believe he is only 30-40 miles away from you.

It's been in full production for a little over 5 hours at this
point and still no problem phone calls.

I will install V5R4 in the spring time.

Jim Franz wrote:

In the paperwork will be somes docs labelled as "Urgent" or
"Required" or similar. I don't have a set in front of me. As Rob suggested
in other post, your BP may do this for you (but I have not had that experience). It requires a pc to get to the IBM Key Center website and login & get the keys, but
the i5 does not have to be connected.
A 2nd question: your preloaded system will most likely have a cume preloaded, but not always the latest cume. A DSPPTF command and the 1st screen the TLxxxx will give you the cume level you are at. Check the Support website to see if a later cume. With V5r4 fairly new, I would keep up with cumes. IBM no longer auto ships a cume set with
new shipment, but if your BP is good - they will order it with machine.
With cume comes DB2 group ptfs and hiper group ptfs - very important! We've had lots of discussion about the order to load these -- i stick to the instructions & do not deviate. I also read the instructions completely before starting - you can get in trouble with
missing pre-reqs, or not enough reserved space, or ptfs identified as bad.
jim franz