Charles,

From my personal experience and naming conventions interpretation, "MAINTRA"
would be first 7 characters of the PC executable name that shows up under
Task Manager under Process column.
I think "VBA" stands for Visual Basic Access or something like that, but
it's unclear to me what relationship if any there truly is to VB, so I'm
probably way off on that one.

SQL packages are created if ODBC or JDBC source has Extended Dynamic setting
turned on, so turning that flag off is one way to get ensure SQL packages
are not created.

Alternatively and on rare occasions, I've seen products on the iSeries that
make use of Extended Dynamic SQL API.  In that case, it would be truly
unwise to delete the SQL package as that product would fail.

I've never seen SQL packages without library name...  what if you do WRKOBJ
on these, do they show up as being part of any library?
If they don't then it might be something new to V5R4.
If they do show up, then I'd say there is a reporting bug in PRTDSKINF.

Finally, SQL packages are dynamic in nature and are usually rebuilt by the
interface that uses them, so simply deleting them is not a far off idea
either.

Hope that helps.

Elvis