are you sure the outq defination points to the ip address of the printer.
It sure sounds like it is pointing back to the 400

_____________________________
Bryan Dietz
Aktion Associates

"i want an i"

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/04/2006 09:36:33 AM:

-> We have a very unusual problem going on here. We have a job that runs
-> nightly that produces a report that prints on a printer set up as a
remote
-> outq. Here's the strange part: a duplicate of that spool file is being
-> created and sent to the same printer. This has been happening only for
-> this spooled file/job/printer for about a month or so. The duplicate
spool
-> file says it is created by user QSPLJOB. The job that created it is the
-> printer name. The printer device type is *USERASCII while the original
one
-> is *SCS. The device file is QPTMPLPD in QUSRSYS. The accounting code is
-> *SYS. The program that opened file is left blank.The user defined data
-> shows the job name/user/file number of the original spolled file. The
-> other strange thing is that the spool file shows the total pages as
being
-> 1 with an asterick next to it. I've looked at the joblog for that
printer
-> and every other spool file shows that the come from module QTMPLPRC
-> procedure main and goes to module SPRMTDR procedure
SendTcpIpSpooledFile.
-> This spool file comes from module SPRMTDR procedure SendTcpIpSpooledFile

-> to module SPRMTDR procedure _C_pep. Does anyone have a clue why the
system
-> is doing this and how I can stop it????
->
->
-> Nick Franco