From: midrange-l-bounces+dturnidge=oldrepublictitle.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+dturnidge=oldrepublictitle.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:52 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Example for changing Access Path Recovery?

Hey Dave - how are you?

This only matters if the system goes down while an access path is in
use. That marks it as invalid or some such - I just read the stuff at
InfoCenter, that's how I know!

*NO has the effect of slowing down first use of an index by an
application. *AFTIPL might allow jobs that have no need for an invalid
index to run right away. I did a search in google on "access path
recovery site:ibm.com" and got to the IBM stuff right away, which led to
how to speed up this process and the use of the EDTRBDAP command to
control some stuff.

One way I can think of to make the change is with PDM - WRKOBJPDM then
F17 and list only PF-DTA attribute, then a 2, then F13, then put
RECOVER(*AFTIPL) on the command line and hit enter - they all get
changed.

See you later my friend
HTH
Vern

From: "Turnidge, Dave" <DTurnidge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

For some reason, our Physical and Logical file access paths were set
with Access Path Recovery set to *NO. I want to set them to *AFTIPL.
(If there's a reason to NOT do this, I would be interested in hearing
it...)

I'm wondering if anyone has been down this road before, and has
already built a program to do this.

As I envision it, (being old school), I would create an outfile, and
then read it, making changes to each individual file.

TIA,

Dave