Pete,

Sense code 080F says check out your security stuff, i.e. user ids & passwords
being used both directions, are they the same, is anything *disabled, do they
have authority to the target program? Also DSPLOG like Bryan said, for evoke
failure messages.

-Marty

------------------------------

date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:13:53 -0600
from: Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Issues with SAVRST*

I have a customer with a partitioned i5.  I set up the two partitions so
that I could use the SAVRST commands to move data between the
partitions.  But, I have only been able to pass data one way and I am
not sure why.  On system A I can use STRPASTHR to System B and the
SAVRST* commands.  On System B I can use STRPASTHR  to System A but I
cannot use any SAVRST commands.  Instead I get an error: "CPFAD8B - An
error occurred during the SAVRSTLIB operation."  The job log shows an
error "Communications failure. Session was not started." (CPF8911) -
Cause . . . . . :   The system has detected a communications failure.
The sense code is X'080F6051'.

Poking around a bit hasn't revealed much to me.  I compared the setup of
both partitions, and except for system names, they *look* identical. I
can ping System A from System B.  I can telnet from system B to system
A.  I cannot APING from System B to System A.  I first get "Allocate
took .010 seconds." and then "Command did not complete successfully."
Job log shows error: CPD3B4D "Target program currently not available"

Not sure what I am missing here.  I have set this up before in different
locations and it has pretty much worked, right out of the box.

What should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Pete Helgren